Sabbath - God in His Sovereignty
- King of highest Heaven, none like him, sovereign, in complete control, majestic in glory.
- Praise him for his providence - his governing all events in the world, in our lives - with all power and wisdom.
- Worship Him as our creator and sustainer.
Monday - God the Father
- Praise him for his inexhaustible goodness, kindness, and love.
- He has adopted us as his children. As father He gives us love, access, blessing, guidance, wisdom, inheritance. He will glorify us at the resurrection.
- Worship Him as "Our Father" and protector
Tuesday - God in His Vastness
- Infinite, eternal, unchangable. All wise. All knowing. All powerful. All present.
- His work of creation - its beauty, vastness, variety, detail. The power seen in it.
- This God is our almighty friend
Wednesday - God the Son
- Head over all things for the church. The way, the truth and the life. God with us. Light of the world.
- Freed us from sin. Took our punishment. Made us right with God. Building his church. Prays for us now.
- Our Brother, our High Priest, our King, our Shepherd.
Thursday - God in His Holiness
- Just, pure, holy, righteous. Anger at sin.
- His work as judge, punishing wickedness and declaring us innocent because of the work of Christ.
- He is our holiness - we have his righteousness
Friday - God the Holy Spirit
- Indwells Christians. Points us to Christ. Teaches us .
- His work in convicting us of sin; giving us new life. He guides us. He makes us more Christ-like. Enables us to pray. Applies His Word to our lives. Produces fruit in our lives.
- He is our Teacher, our downpayment, a guarantee of our salvation.
Saturday - God in His Salvation
- Merciful, gracious, forgiving, patient, slow to anger, abounding in love.
- Christ's work in His life, death and resurrection. The work of the Triune God in salvation - it is all of grace - we contribute only our sin.
- He is our Saviour.