Over the next few entries I want to share some of my musings. The title "Pensées"is taken from Blaise Pascal who wrote down thoughts that came to him on scraps of paper and these random musings are collected under the title of 'Pensées', French for 'thoughts'.
Exodus 10:3 "So Moses and Aaron went to Pharaoh and said to him, "This is what the LORD, the God of the Hebrews, says: 'How long will you refuse to humble yourself before me?.'"
- "How long" - indeed, how long will it be that I refuse to humble myself
- "will you refuse" - A deliberate act, pride is not accidental.
- "before me" - What a contrast! Me, proud in the sight of God! The height of arrogance!
- God will break my pride - He makes it his priority
- 40 years in the desert - all because of pride. What a deadly enemy I am to myself!
- "Lord, keep us in the desert until we will not contend for your glory, but let us be more teachable than the Israelites."
- "Lord, make us men and women of your word, who do not rely on our own abilities, but who constantly seek you through your word. Give us today our daily bread."
- Manna - Miracle food, but had to be gathered daily.
- "to test you" - A humbling test - keep on gathering every day, keep on depending on God, you always needed food from God to get through the day.
- "so that" - learn the lesson of daily dependence on God, and it will go well with you.