- "By him deeds are weighed" - How do my deeds measure up in his hands? They must seem like the finest particles of dust.
- How often I compare myself to others - yet it is not the others, but the Other that I must compare myself to. Then I will have nothing to feel proud of.
- "The Lord is a God who knows" - He knows ALL about me, how then can I boast. Rather I hang my head in shame.
- When the Lord humbles his people there is a time limit. He only brings his people down in order to raise them up again.
2 Chronicles 26:16 But after Uzziah became powerful, his pride led to his downfall.
- I say to myself "I have done this or that…". A little God-given success here and there and it starts to go to our heads, and we forget that it is all God-given.
- A promise - if our hearts are responsive, and we humble ourselves, God will hear. Thank you Lord.