- "The Lord alone will be exalted" - how often do I look for me to be exalted, even in terms of the last day. There is a difference between being vindicated and being exalted. Sometimes it is easy to mistake the two. We will be vindicated. God will be exalted.
- There is a day for every proud man - minister or otherwise - when they will be brought low.
Isaiah 28:3 That wreath, the pride of Ephraim's drunkards, will be trampled underfoot.
- Foe or friend - God will not tolerate pride
- Do I find my joy in the Lord gone? It is the humble who rejoice (cf Psalm 138:6)
- Oh the ludicrous abomination of pride! I am contending with the Holy One of Israel for glory. Woe is me.